Friday, March 19, 2021

YUMmy!



Remember that yummy "cheesecake" recipe I made back in the fall? 
but I wanted to see if I could put my own spin on it...
So I present, the easy peasy
peanut butter chocolate cheesecake. 
But as you know [if you read the blog post about the first one I made] - it's not really a cheesecake at all. The original blog post explains this is an Indian cheesecake 
similar to a Bengali dessert called bhapa doi. 
AND IT IS DELICIOUS.
Remember, this is an instant pot recipe - 
So here's my version of 
Easy Peasy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake.
My ingredients: peanut butter cookies [2 packages], chocolate chips [about 1/2 cup], one can sweetened condensed milk, and 1 cup greek yogurt.
Spray a 7 inch spring form pan with cooking spray.
[Or whatever size will fit in your instant pot.]
I crushed 1 and a half packages of the cookies with 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a small processor and pressed them into the pan,
 Then crushed the remaining cookies and chocolate chips together 
and pressed those in on top to form a thicker crust.
 Next, I stirred the yogurt and condensed milk together
and poured it on top of the crust in the pan...
 Cover it with foil and place on the wire rack in the instant with two cups of water underneath.
[you can see I tore a bit of it when I placed it in the pot so had to make a repair...]
 
Set to cook for 25 minutes...
Natural release for 20 minutes.
 
Remove from instant pot and let it sit on counter top a few minutes then remove the outside pan...It's easier to remove the pan while it's still a bit warm.
Use a paper towel to gently blot up any of the excess moisture
on the top of the cheesecake...

You can see that some of the chocolate chips mixed in with the yogurt mixture... 
and some of the crust floated up to the top...
That's okay because it will covered with topping after it cools 
in the fridge for at least four hours...

After dinner we sliced it up - added a bit of chocolate syrup, and enjoyed.
I loved the tangy,sweet yogurt flavor mixed with just a bit of chocolate and peanut butter...
DEELISH.
Let me know what you think!
 

No comments: