Saturday, March 27, 2021

I've just realized that I never

 finished my TN* from our trip to the Pacific North West...
so obviously, I've not shared it with you either... 
*TN =
Traveler's Notebook
They come in different sizes... 
but are usually just a bit bigger than a business envelope...
 And I like to think that when I use one on a trip I'm using it in the truest sense of the word... 
Documenting each day as we travel... 
My traveling art kit contains water colors, washi tape, scissors [blunt,]
clear tape, and a glue stick.
I've shared before that I usually create a TN specific for our extended vacations - 
I allow at least two pages per day and at the end of the day I do a quick bullet journal about all the things we did, and saw, etc. Before the trip I add a bit of decoration and space for photos [with sticky notes.]
Then I usually wait until we're home to add photos...
I take along coordinating washi tape to secure things I gather along the way...
So, here's a bit of my 'process' -
On these two pages, I left space for photos... and had already secured the 'tip-in' before we left... In the evening I did the bullet journaling... nothing fancy here... just getting it down...
Then later I print and add photos...
I trimmed one to fit on the back of the tip-in 
and added a couple of more [glued back-to-back] as another tip-in...
You can see I leave spaces for both large and small photos...
[I do love those little 2x3 photos...]
{{And isn't this OUTDOOR art museum wonderful?!?}}
Here's another day with photo tip-ins - 
This light house photo was just too pretty to shrink down...
The small embellishments were on the page before we left on the trip...
It would be hard for me to 'plan' for these small bits and pieces...
Okay - one last day..
I left a whole page for photos [2 4x4 - approximately]
... added the tip in of a couple of favorite photos,
again, glued back-to-back....
And journaled around the sticker that was already there...
 During the trip - I TRY to remember to create those little 2x3 photos with the Project Life app so I can quickly print when I get home... and let's be honest, sometimes I print on the  road or have them waiting for me when I get back into town [I love the walgreens app too!]
Let's be clear - this NOT my scrapbook... although I use these to remember details I want to include on my scrapbook pages...
And I enjoy creating them 
[and having the memories recorded in them] 
just as much!

No comments: