Thursday, March 12, 2020

OKAY. So I know

this is REALLY late --
but I wanted to share a little about my Bible Journaling 
BACK IN DECEMBER...
 And maybe some from this month also - 
Just a little of how I studied during Advent and Lent ...
Back in the fall I somehow 'found' Missy Brown, up in Knoxville, on FB 
[and I look forward to meeting her IRL because] 
-- she is just SO INSPIRATIONAL AND ENCOURAGING 
with her Bible Journaling! 
 So in December she led an Advent group through the book of Luke 
[the 24 chapters take us through the life of Jesus.] 
 
We used the Scripture Journal [ESV] from Crossway - which is essentially an interleaved book for each book of the Bible, 
but in a more compact [single book] form.
I loved it and committed to 4 things during this Advent time:
Each day I wanted to do:
 
a couple of Bible Journaling pages
 
[including a prayer based on the scripture read,]
a list of 'good things today',**
[Misty encouraged us to write out a portion of scripture each day as well.]
 
and a page with the advent printouts from Ann Voskamp's  web page
[I used coordinating paper to highlight these each day.]
 
I also did a weekly advent page - adding a candle each week -
with a little info from other studies...
And I loved it - this helped me be intentional in focusing on what Jesus did for us - what Christmas is all about, right?
So when she said she was going to do a Lent group, 
using the book of Mark,  I was all in! 
We're using the same Scripture Journal [Mark] from Crossway 
and I'm keeping it very simple this time. 
Missy divided the book up into sections for 40 days 
and for each day I'm [doing my best] to write a prayer 
based on that day's reading. 
 For cohesiveness, on each day I am
creating a little 'notepad' for my prayer
putting a little art work in
[based loosely on an artist I see on the internets 
{mikipietak on insta}], and
I finished off each page by
adding a bit of the same washi tape through out.
**Hey, I need to do that  EVERY day - 
especially during the times we're living in right now! 

No comments: