Monday, March 16, 2020

Can y’all tell I’m catching up on blog posts?


Well - I have a little more time at night since our 
social calendar has been cut-back some. [ha]
As in - 
We. Are. Home. Every. Night.
Seriously - so glad for technology and all the ways we can stay in touch with those we love during these social distancing days - 
Back in the day [when I first started blogging – waaaay back in 2007] I tried to do three posts a week. Yes. Crazy – but it was partly to share with my mama who was in a new phase of life after our dad passed away – and partly for me, on a new path of life as well as I was in the midst of emptying the nest… 
[a HARD transition for those who haven’t done it.]
But these days? Y’all know we’re all about living life – and I’m doing good to get one post out a week. But still, I find myself wanting to document things in a little more detail than FB or insta can provide… so I’m catching up and we’ll see where it goes from here –
 In the midst of all that is going on in our world… let’s look back at different time… a time when we could get together in large crowds - [sometimes too large for me – think: the Chinese New Year’s parade in NYC back in 2019 – yikes!] 
But, back in October [2019] we took #LottieScotty to Ft. Wilderness [swung by Weeki Wachi on the way, remember?] and had a wonderful time, with a no-hurried kind of trip through the World called Disney – 
Although, I have shared that it’s lost a bit of it’s magic for me – 
and I’ll try not to dwell on that as I share today – 
[This may be a loooong post...]
Y’all know we enjoy getting an early start when we’re at the world – 
So it was extra fun to see some deer grazing near the bus stop as we started our day with a Disney Princess breakfast in Norway before the parks opened. 
 
ALL the princesses were there. [And I hate to admit that I still don't know all of their names - ha.] The breakfast was good with a self-serve bar for fruits and yogurt, then meat, eggs, 
and of course waffles! were brought to your table. 
Deee-lish.
After breakfast we were quickly in line for the new new [to us] ride, Frozen –  
So fun! 
We also took our time strolling around Norway..
It was kind of neat to be in Epcot while it was almost completely empty -
Our plan was to use the new tram, oops, SKYLINER, to ferry back and forth from the Studios to Epcot [back entrance to avoid all the horrid construction out front - but I'm trying to not talk about that -] 
but , alas, the trams had had an accident just the night before 
and it was closed all week. Shucks.
So, let's hit some highlights from each park -  
It was a rainy day as we took the boat from the campground to the Magic Kingdom - what am I saying? It was a rainy almost every day that week. ha.
Y'all know we love the people mover best so we started over in Tomorrowland with that then meandered around Fantasyland into Adventureland because
I had to have a strawberry whip 
[they moved the dole whip to another spot, but we found it!]
I've gotta say - I think I love the strawberry best! 
We met up with friends 
and enjoyed some time visiting with Tigger and Pooh...
Always fun... and goodness, we've been meeting up at Disney since 1999!!
Twenty years!
Where has the time gone?!
We enjoyed the fireworks 
[although Disney has REALLY disturbed me for charging for seats 
in some of the best spots!] 
I may have to start watching from the Contemporary again!
And ended the night trying to get one of those hocus pocus cupcakes - but, goodness. The bakery was closed by the time we got there.  
On a day that we didn't go into the parks we had tickets to 
Mickey's Not so Very Scary Halloween Party
[or whatever they're calling it now - ] 
So we took the boat back over to the Magic Kingdom
[we can never do that without thinking of Jordan losing his mask in the water on our way to the party back in the day... 
I wonder if it's a memory that stands out in his mind?]
I love seeing Disney decorated for Halloween!
And they did a GREAT job letting the party guests take a backstage entrance that was set up just for us with photo-ops 
 and character statues all themed towards Halloween!
So fun!
[My light-up skirt came from Target -]
 We finally got  a Hocus Pocus cupcake to share [it was HUGE!] while we were watching the Halloween fireworks.
And I enjoyed the teacups over and over - 
it always makes me think of riding them in DisneyLAND when I was 7 years old. 
So fun! 
[Do you think I'm a little sunburned?' ha]
 
All 'round it was a great night, 
even if it was bit more crowded than we've ever seen it -
and despite ending up in a candy line while thinking we were in a ride line, 
it was still fun doing Halloween at Disney!
 Even though I couldn't pick up one of those hitch hikin' ghosts!
Ha.
 We had decided earlier that we probably wouldn’t spend a lot of time in 
Animal Kingdom during this trip. 
So instead, we planned a relaxing morning...
then showed Lottie to a potential buyer that afternoon.
[Yes!]
After that, we decided at the last minute to go over for dinner at a favorite counter service spot - Satu'li Canteen in Animal Kingdom -- it is so very good and the blueberry cream cheese mousse with passion fruit curd is 
almost too pretty to eat!
Pandora at night is one of my favorite places to be - 
I just think it soooo magical!!
These photos don't do it justice ---
I'm glad we took the time to enjoy it, if only for a little while. 
[And while we had one day - one park tickets {a first for us!} we still felt like we had plenty of time to do all the things we wanted to do.]
On another day we were up so CRAZY EARLY because Hollywood Studios opened at 6 a.m. – so, even though you can't see it here, 
we joined about 6,000 other crazies to get in – ha.
Slinky Dog was our focus and we headed straight to Toy Story Land! 
BOY HAVE THINGS CHANGED OVER THERE IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS!
But isn't he ADORABLE?!
[As I'm writing this in the midst of the pandemic, I'm nostalgic, and I wonder what Disney will be like in the aftermath...]
 
It was a blast - and I don't even LIKE coasters!
 
[My phone was set to take multiple shots and I didn't even realize I was taking these - but I love them!]
And truthfully, I might not ride it again -   
but I still think he is cute as can be!
Afterwards we grabbed some breakfast - 
hello, 'homemade' pop tarts!
Then we headed over for Craig to ride The TOWER [of Terror] 
before the lines became too long -
He loves it!
We met up with friends again, and despite the crazy scheduling mishap we enjoyed a visit while reminiscing about so many other Disney times together!
We also enjoyed seeing the new Star Wars area - 
and if you're a big Star Wars fan [we're not] - 
You. Will. Love. It.
It was kinda fun to have a guided tour from Chewy himself.
Not kidding.
Kidding.
 - but it was fun to pretend to be his friend, if only for a moment. ha.
And, of course, a trip to the Studios is not complete without visiting the Sci-Fi Theater. We didn't eat there this time - just took time for a photo-op. 
One afternoon - the days are all mixed up to me - 
we ended the day with dinner a Artist’s Point @ Wilderness Lodge
- Storybook Dining with Snow White - 
Who are we kidding? 
Snow White is fun, but we were there to see Dopey and Grumpy!
And despite having some non-photographers take our photos we finally succeeded in getting a few decent ones. lol.
In addition to these fun characters we had the opportunity 
to meet The Evil Queen! 
And the meal was delicious! 
We will definitely make reservations when we go to Disney again. 
It's a new favorite!
 
On the way to our boat we joined in a group to make our own tie-dyed Mickey T-shirts. Kinda cool to have all the supplies ready and waiting on us -
They wrapped them up securely for travel and we couldn't open them for three weeks so the colors would 'set.'
ON our last day we enjoyed breakfast at The Land in Epcot - our reservations were before the park opened and it was just the best – 
 even if I was feeling a little under the weather 
[I think that dye inthe Hocus Pocus Cupcake 
got to me innards somehow... TMI, I know...]
These are some of our favorite characters, and I don't think we'll ever get too old to enjoy time with Mickey [above], 
Dale
Pluto,
and Chip
[See his nose looks like a chocolate chip -?]
After eating our fill we managed a quick trip 
[no lines due to getting in early for our breakfast reservation!] 
to Soarin’ which we love!
[I still like the original one better - just sayin' ]

At the end of the week we hitched up Lottie and took her to her new home –
kind of bitter sweet – but I’m glad she sold so quickly 
[and we got what we wanted for her!] 
We are sooooo looking forward to camping in #AnnieLeetheArgosy with a bit more room for us [and our different sleep patterns!]
We have really enjoyed our time with #LottieScotty - she's helped us get back into the camping groove and this last trip with her was oh so very nice - 
Despite a couple of EARLY morning outings, 
we honestly just enjoyed relaxing at our campsite a lot –
 having a few meals outside... 
[with our camping fan that kept us cool and the bugs away...]
having time to go to the pool - 
Even if it did rain on us most of the time -  
And renting a golf cart for a couple of days - 
THAT was nice - and saves A LOT of time since you can go directly to the main bus and skip the inner-campground buses...
 
Plus. It's just fun!
We loved riding around and seeing all the campers decorated for Halloween!
This was a favorite - some people go ALL OUT for everything!
And we enjoyed relaxing outside each evening before calling it a night –
Although the sign directly behind our campsite was a little disconcerting - ha
Lucky for us - all we saw were lizards, turkeys [!] , deer, and turkey vultures 
[on the day went to the Halloween party - neat!]
One of the things I'll miss most about Lottie are the windows up above the dining table. I loved looking out at the moon when I would wake up during the night.
But AnnieLee has windows that almost wrap around the entire trailer so we're going to enjoy those wide open views from her for sure!
I wonder when she'll be headed down to Ft. Wildness?
HA.
And maybe this pandemic too!
#socialdistancing

No comments: