Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I was a little slow

 getting out the summer / patriotic decor...
But I wanted to share with you 
what I did this year - 
 I used the banner on our mirror in the entry
and tucked a few sunflowers in a milk glass vase...
I put my giant jar of flags on the side board
and added the sparkly wreath to the empty frames...
And in the hallway, next to our stairs I hung the big star
I picked up at Hobby Lobby a few years ago when it was 80% off...
 
The frames hold vintage Fourth of July photos.
[One is actually my dad and one of his brothers sitting in front of a big flag
when he was 6 or 7 years old.]
It's mostly things recycled from previous years.. 
but somehow it ends up in different places each time I bring it out ---
And of course, you remember the little wreath 
I made for our porch this year --
We've got BIG plans for the Fourth this year and we're looking forward to a fun time --
Hope you have a great time planning a celebration too!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Turney said...

Nice patriotic decor! And I love your front door with those little windows :-)

Linda Matthews said...

I always enjoy your house decorations, Judy.

Linda Matthews said...

Always enjoy your decorations.