Friday, June 26, 2015

Well, we’ve recently discovered the Fresh Market Thursday Little Big Meals

... something I’m sure many of you are well aware of… and since my sweetheart got a new grill recently we’ve been cooking outside a bit 
[even in this crazy heat wave!]
   
First we gave the sausage meal a go –
For $20 we got 4 sausages, a pre-cut veggie pack, hoagie buns, and seltzer water [raspberry!] Plus – some good ole raisins and peanuts!
We bought two meals and actually had the butcher package up a variety of sausages [chicken and apple sausage, anyone? Oh my!] We also had andouille – hot [!!], and mild…
Yum.
I tossed the veggies with just a bit of olive oil and Craig tossed them on the grill with the sausages. [LOVING this little grill that has plates that prevent flare-ups 
AND keeps the veggies from falling through!] 
 [LOVE my sweetheart... And , well, yes -- > that is a chamber pot setting outside my back door --- used for compost, I assure you!]
Meanwhile, I put some [jasmine] rice in the rice cooker with a chicken bouillon cube… and about twenty minutes later we were ready to sit down and eat… [He grilled some yellow squash from the Farmer’s Market too.]
The seltzer water has a delicious flavor that sweet daughter-in-law said reminded her of some she had while in Europe… But just a little note: 
DO NOT put sweetener in it! 
It’d be fun to have a photo – but suffice it to say that I was covered in seltzer water about five seconds after I put the truvia in the bottle – lol. 
Lesson learned. 
 
I almost forgot! Before we started on the meal I peeled and chopped a few Chilton County peaches [from Peach Park!] and put this quick little cobbler in the oven… 
seriously easy 
– and one I’ve eaten my entire life ---
Melt a stick of butter [I actually only used ¾ stick in this one] 
in a casserole dish [350* oven.]
 In a mixing bowl whisk together: 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour [I use self-rising] and 1 cup milk [I use 2% - but I’m sure it’d be even better with whole – lol] 
Once butter is melted, pour in batter [it will seem thin] and toss fruit on top. 
DO NOT STIR
Bake, uncovered for about 30 minutes. 
 Oops! I forgot to take a photo of the finished product – but it looked much like this blueberry one my sweetheart made last week – just feel free to use a cup or so of any fresh fruit you have on hand.
I always love blueberry cobbler – but have to say that 
this peach one was DELICIOUS.
 I'll share the next Thursday Little Big Meal soon! 
They are a DEAL - seriously!

No comments: