- First let me say that I'm more than a little sad that I now have to moderate comments, but I've had some crazy ones showing up with links to not so nice places -- Be patient with me as I remind myself to check them each day.
- As a result I'll probably be commenting on comments in the comment section. Does that work for ya'll?It will probably be more timely this way ---
- I finished up the Christmas decor - and switched things up a bit, love that most everything coordinates enough to move from room to room. This little snowman nativity is usually in the bathroom - the one awaiting the re-do - so I put it on the table in the dining / living area with a pedestal of ornaments and the jingle bell wreath above. Love that I can combine a little whimsy with the True Reason for the Season.
- Note - the basket holds past December albums and other mini albums, the giant glass apple is a favorite of mine that moves around the house, the copper kettle is from my mom's house - they'd save their silver in it and rotate giving it to the gr-sons when it was full - it's Matt's now, and if you look closely you can see our big nativity set on the table opposite this one - my cousin made it for me YEARS ago - still love it. I'll do a little post later on and show all my simple Christmas decor -
- Saturday I cropped with friends and we enjoyed a yummy meal together [the green bean casserole in the crockpot WORKS] and then did our tag swap - such beautiful tags! Thanks to everyone who participated!! And we played Dirty Santa - love the crafty stuff I came home with!
- That evening Craig and I attended the "Keep Christmas Alive" concert - we've gone a couple of years in the past - and it's just THE BEST way to start the Christmas season -
- And an added bonus was that they had Larnelle Harris as the featured entertainer. WONDERFUL. You might remember that THIS is one of my all-time favorite Larnelle songs - not so Christmas-y, so he didn't sing it - but he was great all 'round!
- I finally decided to bite the bullet and JUST. DO. IT. -- Knit a Christmas stocking, that is - I know it's far from perfect but I've enjoyed it [LOVE TO KNIT -SO RELAXING] so I'll work on some things and the next one will be better [and hopefully the next next one will be even better - lol.] But I have to remind myself that not everyone cherishes a heirloom stocking - as seen in a recent Goodwill excursion - kind of sad, isn't it?
- This week I've watched outside my window [at work] as more than a hundred Christmas trees were put up in the park [I think there's close to 200, but am not sure-] and decorated throughout the week - I've seen them lit from afar, but almost think they're prettier in the daylight - I'll try and get some photos before the month is out.
- Late in the week we had a last minute opportunity to sit in on a broadcast of The Rick and Bubba Show. I've listened to this radio show since the early 90s - just good, funny, God-loving guys. So it was fun to see how they pull it all together [and to know that Bubba and Craig played pingpong in-between "on-air" times. LOL - Yes, they have a pingpong table in the studio.] - Much thanks to Allison the Intern [so sorry I can't remember your "on-air" name] who is a good friend of my brother's and worked it all out for us to be there.
'round the house (106) Angst (2) art journal (59) Be Present (19) Be Real (15) Blessed (28) Book Shelf (14) Charlie Brown Lessons (10) Choice (4) Cookie of the Month (11) Corrie Ten Boom Quotes (12) creativity (309) Devotionals on Creativity (10) EOYOL (26) Everyday Goodness (327) faith based pages (150) Favorite Photo on Friday (135) He Speaks to Me (74) heirlooms (15) Library of Memories (6) Lottie Scotty (27) magic (13) mixed media (54) Monday Musings (176) My studio (4) Once a Month [old stuff] Giveaway (59) One Little Word (73) Project Eighteen; (1) recipes (76) right here right now (47) scrapbook (128) stitches (14) stories to tell (6) Ten on Tuesday (52) Ten on Tuesday 2011 (50)
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Ten on Tuesday
Note: I really meant for this to go up late Tuesday night [and will still post it to show on Tuesday, even though it's more than a few days later] but life happens. Please keep my mom in your prayers - she had a little mini stroke this week and is working through some things [a tiny bit of aphasia, and a lot of knowing it could happen again at any time...]