- First of all – Mom is doing so well - she is still having some little episodes of aphasia but they don’t last long and she has a good sense of humor about it all. We’re all really praying and hoping that the change in meds will prevent another stroke [mini or otherwise!] from occurring.
- Also, please keep one of my aunts in your prayers – she’s scheduled to have a double mastectomy on her 80th birthday in a couple of weeks. She also has a wonderful sense of humor about it all and is hoping this radical move will prevent any further needed treatment.
- I don’t have a ton of news to share this week – Craig has been duck hunting a few more times. They always give them away to others who are willing to clean and eat them – I’m not sure I would even know what to do with duck – but I’m sure there’s plenty of recipes available on the web -
- And Emma chased her first RABBIT – it was as big as she was. It would be hilarious if it or some of the squirrels in our yard decided to turn and chase her like Pauly does. Pauly, but the way, is One. Giant. Marshmallow. Now that he’s fluffed out for winter – all 15 pounds of lean, [not so] mean, machine of him. LOL.
- I participated in an ornament swap with some of my Spark Sistas and had a lot of fun creating a fun little sparkly ornament [above] and went ahead and made a few more as well -
- And I’ve continued to knit some – it’s so relaxing to me, but at the same time I can become so consumed with a project that I can’t get it out of my mind – at all. If you couple that with concern about my mom I’ve not slept very well most of the week so I’ve had to Step. Away. From the Knitting. – But just for a couple of days – haHAha, I can’t put it down for long.
- I’ve got a couple of other crafty [dare I say, jewelry] projects I need to get started on before Christmas Day.
- And news on The Tinsel Trail – our schedule hasn’t quite allowed us to get by there – and I so want to do this since I now know that seeing them from 11 floors above doesn’t do them justice. [Photos from The Huntsville Times – I work on the top floor of the yellow building to the left -]
- My staff meeting in Montgomery was cancelled for this week – we had a phone conference instead, not quite the same, but we still accomplished the meeting goals. It’s good and bad – Good = I really didn’t want to be so far away from Mom this week, and Bad = I have a dirty santa gift and no one to play the game with, and I missed getting hotel points – lol.
- And lastly -. I had my hair cut this week - I think it may be the first time since I had to tell the stylist to, " put the scissors down, no REALLY. Put. The. Scissors. Down." I do a decent job of trimming it up, but it's nice to have a professional [?] do it once every couple of years - lol. And while the 1/2 inch I asked to be taken off somehow turned into TWO inches - I'm okay with it, it's a nice shape and the grown out bangs blend in nicely ---
'round the house (99) Angst (2) art journal (48) Be Present (19) Be Real (15) Blessed (28) Book Shelf (3) Charlie Brown Lessons (10) Choice (4) Cookie of the Month (11) Corrie Ten Boom Quotes (12) creativity (300) Devotionals on Creativity (10) EOYOL (26) Everyday Goodness (315) faith based pages (138) Favorite Photo on Friday (125) He Speaks to Me (73) heirlooms (15) Library of Memories (6) Lottie Scotty (8) magic (13) mixed media (50) Monday Musings (162) My studio (4) Once a Month [old stuff] Giveaway (59) One Little Word (65) recipes (67) right here right now (32) scrapbook (120) stitches (14) stories to tell (6) Ten on Tuesday (51) Ten on Tuesday 2011 (50)