Monday, August 15, 2022

Here's the little Traveler's Notebook

I created for our recent trip to Maine...
I've shared my TNs before -
[you can see more on the 'scrapbook' tab at the top of the page -]
Basically I try to have a 2-4 page 'spread' for each day of our trip...
Starting with a 'title' page, of course...
which I usually complete AFTER we're home...
Each evening of our trip I do a quick bullet-journal re-cap of the day...
I tuck away things I may want to tape in...
And you can see here that after I got home and added photos, 
I taped a couple of those in for this day too...
I like the layered look of pages peeping around each other...
And who knew we'd encounter a SHARK inside the airport - HA.
[Side note: I tried to get a photo of us in front of each 
of the sweet hotels we stayed in...]
These little TNs aren't meant to be a scrapbook...
The photos don't highlight EVERY single thing we did...
And it's hard for me to narrow it down to just two photos most days...
So there's a lot of tip-ins - ha.
I journal each night and leave space for the date [sometimes I print that on the computer and have it already taped in before we leave -] and also space for two small photos...
Once I'm home I pick up the photos from the printer and stick them in...
I add stickers / embellishments as I go along...
And since I only allowed two pages for each day in this TN... 
there's another tip-in - I just tape it directly into the spine...
As I've said before - this is NOT my scrapbook.
So I use tape, glue, whatever is handy...
It's just a place to record things while my memory is fresh...
Then we can go back and remember the name of that sweet hotel we stayed in before... 
or where we had that delicious meal... 
or that time a bear ran across the road...  
I encourage anyone who travels to keep some sort of travel diary...

No comments: