Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Here's the little book

I'm using for my art journal this year...
I think it's a wellness planner of some sort
that I got at a discount at the end of the year...
I like this size best for art journaling [about 6x8 ish-]
 
I looked back at the art journal tag above and could see that I had grand plans to do a little re-cap at the end of each month for 2022... 
And well, looks like that ended in February...
I think partly because my pages aren't completed in any sort of chronological order...
and they're not always dated... so it's hard for me to know what was completed in any given month...
And I leave these blank pages throughout 
that I go back and fill in at all different times... 
The base of each page is either two pages glued together... or another type paper [or collage] glued onto a page for added stability...
 
I also have fold-out pages all through my journal as seen here...
This gives me a little more space when needed...
 
And I try to use both sides of the fold-out too..
This is a handout from VBS, back in June... with a bit of art added to the side sometime in July...
So - there are times when my art journaling reflects things going on in my life... And other pages may be a 'lesson' from the year long art journaling class I'm enrolled in... 
[This will be painted in eventually...lol...]
Or it might just be my take on something I've seen on the internet...
And sometimes it's a quick little something-something 
I've done somewhere else and glued it - ha...
You can see I'm all over the place in my art journal...
But that's what an art journal is all about [to me -]
A place to play and have a little fun with art...
 I kinda love my cats that don't take up a whole page... 
but I'm waiting for just the right quote for them...
 And it's okay if they stay just like they are... 
Time will tell....

No comments: