Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Review of 2008


[Doodle from Stephanie at Homegrown Hospitality]

While it's been fun to review some other blogs and their 'best posts' from the past year, I think the Lord wants me to challenge each of us to make a list of OUR blessings from 2008. Go ahead, get out a piece of paper and pencil and write down at least ten things you were blessed with during the year. It can be simple and small or big and monumental - just give it a go. Because I believe that even on the rainy days the Lord gives us blessings if we only choose to look.

Here we go, I'm blessed with:
1. A God who loves me and will never leave me -
2. A Husband who knows me completely & loves me still -
3. Children who are a joy to be with -
4. Safety during the wreck that totaled my little car -
5. A job I enjoy -
6. Income that meets our needs and then some -
7. Pets that add a little fun to our lives -
8. The ability to travel - we've made little [?] trips from coast to coast this year -
9. Extended family that we call friends -
10. The choice to choose happiness -

And I could go on & on as I'm sure you could to! Happy New Year everyone! Tomorrow I'll be talking organization [a favorite - unspoken- topic of mine.] And I plan a give away so pass the word!

4 comments:

Hope said...

Thank you for this gentle reminder. While my list might look a lot like yours :) I am being asked by the Lord to look at my Dad's sickness (he was diagnosed with lung cancer in May of this year) as a blessing of 2008. And while it has been difficult the blessings I believe have come from me paying more attention to my relationship with my father. And yes that has been a blessing. Thank you Jesus.

Happy New Year!

Maria said...

I love the idea of making a list of our blessings Judy! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a Blessed New Year! Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

My Blessings include the improved health of my mother-in-law, that my husband found a job and that I have kept mine, that in spite of all the hard times this year, I know God holds me in the palm of his hand and I can claim Jesus as my personal savior - that if He had gone to the cross for me alone, He still would have done so....I am blessed with all you mentioned and so much more.

Happy New Year!
Kim

Melinda AKA medialady said...

Hey Judy!
I saw your invite on the scrappin dixie group and came to check this out! Thanks so much for this great reminder to remember what we have been blessed with. I get so "down" about the financial wows of this past year and forget to focus on the many blessing my Lord has given me. I will definately be putting your blog on my blog reader so I can get a little encouragement! Thanks!