Thursday, March 4, 2021

Monthly Re-cap February 2021

I've probably already shared most of this over on the socials, 
as I'm beginning to hear people call it.
And aren't we all so tech savvy these days?* 
Honestly - I don't know how I would have SURVIVED this past year without technology, 
but that's another story for another day. 
*And yes... I still depend on my genetic tech help team to get me through...
week one
 
  •  The Lenten Roses are blooming in the woods behind my house. 
I LOVE how they help us welcome spring with the hope of New Life.  
 
  • We picked up #AnnieLeetheArgsoy [our camper] from the Great Axle Re-do 
  • And I made my first [ever!] recipe of challah bread!
 
  • We drove over to Guntersville to see the White Pelicans
... and of course had take-out from Top of the River. Yum.
week two
  • Went over to The Shoals to visit Craig's mother for a bit
  • Took a drive down to Mystic Springs
- a cool air stream park in the panhandle of Florida... 
The peacefulness of it reminds me of church camps from my youth...
 
 
  • Stayed in Gulf Shores for a couple of nights...
 And we're thankful that a couple of our favorite spots to eat have outdoor seating...
[Doc's and Buzz Catz -]
  • Went over to Mobile to enjoy a different kind of Mardi Gras..
with the yards all decorated - pretty cool..
We are LOVING having our own space that we can take wherever we want to go ---
week three
 
  • Made it safely home to our boys before we had a bit of SNOW!!
  • Enough for a big bowl of snow cream!
Which, contrary to all these recipes going around the internet, 
is properly made with carnation milk in our household...
  • Cats weren't sure about it...
 
  • But they enjoyed trying to catch snowflakes in the air - lol
  • Once the streets were clear, we visited with Craig's mother and enjoyed seeing some of the REAL snow they'd had [over 5 inches!]
  • I made rolls using the Pioneer Woman's no knead recipe - we all thought they were a little too sweet... not that t it kept us from eating them - what is it about cold weather that makes us crave carbs?
week four 
 
  • I completed the great pantry transformation [truly!] with Craig's help
 
  •  Bernard the Curious One supervised, of course... 
 
  • We 'harvested' some needed parts off an argosy that was sadly headed to the re-cycle bin...  
  • Enjoyed a bit of zoom time with family...
 
  • Had a nice walk with the youngest at The Beaver Dam Boardwalk 
And yes! We saw a tiny snake [I actually think Matt stepped on it...]
 And, lastly, 
  • Spring has Sprung as we enjoyed 75* days during the last week of the month!
[Yes, please - and thank you!]

No comments: