Saturday, June 9, 2018

I've sure missed getting together

with our little faith art group that meets on the 2nd Saturday of each month. 
My life has been busier than usual these past few weeks - 
All good...
But I miss this sweet fellowship - 
 
 Here's a little idea that I shared with the group via instagram @faithbasedpages 
It was inspired by this post from incourage...
And this page I found through googling - artist unknown...
I started with squares and circles and rectangles -- 
I'm telling you everyone can do this!
After adding in some details, I printed the quote on the computer and stuck it down - 
 mod podge worked well!

Then I added paint - y'all know that watercolors are my preference, but I used acrylic on this becasue I wanted to at least TRY and blend the computer print in with the page...
Not that I added some darker edges to the ice cubes and glass...
Next I added someout lines with pencils that I smudged up a bit...
 
And lastly, I tried to enhance the quote a bit after it was covered in paint - 
I used the thinnest marker I had on hand...
And then I called it done - ha. 
I like it - and I am so glad to know 
there is no substitute for the refreshment that only God provides!
Step-by-step can be found on Instagram @faithbasedpages.

No comments: