Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Those who know me well know that

I'm not really 'into' history. 
Not sure why, but it's just never been of great interest to me 
I'm not ashamed to admit that...
So with that said, you would not have found much historical fiction on my bookshelf in the past , but that might just change after reading A Rebel Heart by Beth White. 
Selah Daughtry is a strong woman faced with saving her family's home after the war.
And while it was unusual for women to have take this position she did so with dignity and grace. One of her friends described her as, "One of the bravest women I've ever met - Doing what you have to do when you're afraid - that's what courage is..." 
As we're walking with Selah through the ups and downs of putting their home back together, there are also other mysteries going on around them as emotions remain high between all the parties who had been involved in the war. It's hard to let go of long-held beliefs even when one realizes they are wrong. 
Selah stayed true to her beliefs and their family motto, 
"Clear eyes, pure hearts,"
as she sets out to restore not only her home but broken relationships as well. 
She is a rebel in unexpected ways as she stands firm in her beliefs that others in her community might not share - 
This is a wonderful book of history, romance, and mystery that draws you in as you get to know the characters. I'm already looking forward to the sequel! 
Note: I was given a free copy of this book to review prior to its release date.
All opinions are my own - 

No comments: