Monday, April 23, 2018

Today is my

sister-in-law's birthday - 
 The first one without her here with us -

I like this poem her mother chose for the funeral hand-out - 
Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free;

I’m following the path God laid for me.

I took His hand when I heard Him call;

I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day,

To laugh, to love, to work or play.

Tasks left undone must stay that way;

I found that place at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void,

Then fill it with remembered joy.

A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss;

Ah yes, these things, I too, will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow;

I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.

Perhaps my times seemed all too brief;

Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.

Lift up your heart and share with me;

God wanted me now, He set me free.
Please keep all who loved her in your prayers throughout the day  -

No comments: