Wednesday, October 25, 2017

As soon as we tasted

Miss Lucy's sweet potato hash we knew we would try and replicate it back at home...
Y'all know we didn't do much planning for our little side trip to St. John back in August, but the one thing that kept popping up n the little bit of research I did was 
 
Jazz Brunch at Miss Lucy's over on Coral Bay...
It didn't take us long to know that the sweet potato hash with chorizo was what we both wanted. That, and the free refills of tea made our day - lol
 
Of course the incredibly beautiful view and live jazz music made it extra special... 
So my heart is broken to know that so much of St. John was destroyed by the double whammy storms they had in September...
I've heard conflicting stories on whether Miss Lucy's survived... 
But we still hope to go back some day and enjoy the beauty once again.
Until then, I know I can make a similar dish here at home - 
I started with   frozen onions and peppers, and frozen sweet potato cubes...
And added in chorizo; then topped it off with eggs...
Easy enough - I cooked the onions, peppers and chorizo together...
Then stirred in the sweet potatoes that I pre-cooked in the microwave. 
We like them a little firm, but mostly DONE. Ha.
Then in a different pan I cooked a sunny-side up egg
for each of us and placed it on top of our hash.
SO DELICIOUS.
It almost takes us back to the islands...
Almost.
There were no cats or chickens wandering around while we ate...
No ocean breeze through the trees...
No beautiful crystal clear waters... 
But there was lots of great memories 
of our short little trip to St. John, USVI...
Our prayers are with you...

No comments: