Sunday, August 20, 2017

I've said it before

and I'll say it again - 
I'm SO GLAD I have this guy to go through life with!
 Happy Anniversary, baby!
Can't believe it's been 34 years!!
But looking forward to many, MANY more!!
[Today we hope to be  traveling to TN so we can be 
eclipsing together with our little family-
on the morrow -]
So, as some of you may know [ha] we extended Craig's work trip a few days to enjoy
a couple of islands in the Caribbean - 
And the first thing I can say it we were VERY unprepared -  
But we had a blast anyway!! 
Here's some photos [that I may or may not have shared on other social media already - ] from our quick trip to St. Thomas and St. John - 
Above - sunset sailboat / big catamaran cruise -
[I'll share my traveler's notebook in a week or so - ] 
 
I still have a love / hate relationship with my super zoom Nikon...
That's Craig out on one of the little cats provided by our resort 
[lots of free things included - paddle boards, that tricycle thingies, floats, etc.]
 When it works - the zoom is exceptional
[someone from the resort wanted to go along since he didn't know how to sail...
and Craig is an excellent sailor]
but the battery kind of drives me crazy the way it gives me 
NO WARNING that it's about to die... 
  Our little beach on St. Thomas had a little 'bloom' come in -
 causing it to be 'not-so-pretty' in just a couple of hours - 
so it just couldn't compare the beautiful beaches we saw on St. John later in the weekend... 
[And I love how we always seem a little unprepared for the selfie - 
 AND WE'RE TAKING THE PHOTO - lol.]
Still... look at that beautiful clear water!!
Honestly, once we got a mask [bc, hey, we never thought to take ours - cRaZy -]
 it was like swimming in an aquarium - 
we saw six - eight different [COLORFUL] fish within thirty minutes - wow.
Side note - anyone who knows Craig well will find this funny - 
His bag was the only one out of FIVE suitcases that didn't make it to St. Thomas - ha. 
How can you mis-place one bag out of five?
All's well - He got it the next day...
But I was thinking he might have to 'phone a friend' - ha
We had lots of good food 
and some 'okay' food - and some 'not-again' food - 
[mofungo is not for me - lol]
But I think we both agree that Miss Lucy's Sunday Brunch on St. John  was the best - 
 
Live [jazz] music - outdoor setting - island breeze - 
cool under shade trees, yet right on the beach...
And the food was delish!
Also - free iced tea refills - a rarity on this trip!!
Just really lovely all 'round.
Definitely worth the drive to that side of the island - 
 
Last photo - this is how my sweetheart can be innovative 
when the little super zoom dies with no warning -  
He took this photo THROUGH his binoculars - 
I love it! 
Here's a SOC shot, I think - 
Pretty cool!
So, we had a really good time! 
And I can say, that while I've never really had a burning desire to go to the Caribbean - now that I've been, I know I will definitely be back. The heat away from the beaches can be relentless -- but that beautiful crystal clear turquoise water is addicting.


No comments: