Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Y'all know I enjoy getting together with

a group of like-minded faith journalers each month, don't you?
 
I usually try to have a little inspiration to get us started - 
and I always LOVE to see how our work is uniquely our own!

This was our handout for this month - 
I've loved the story of the dogwood for as long as I can remember so I knew I wanted to have that in my Bible. This is from google images. I'm not too proud to say that I tucked this baby underneath my page and traced them out in pencil. Then I painted them before outlining in pen.


The one at the top is done in acrylics with a little washi tape added - and my giant date stamp.I'll also admit that I printed the text of "Arise" on the computer and traced it too. You see, I like the look of brushed lettering, but I'm just not the best at creating it... 
This one is watercolors -  a little softer look...
with a hand written verse from a favorite song...
You can see the bleed-through from the sermon notes on the back of the page... and my mostly over that and just say. "It is what it is." LOL
Another tip is to just put a bit of color on the insides of the petals and a little touch of brown on the 'thorn' marks ... and a few shades of green for the leaves. 
 
And like I said before - I love seeing everyone puts their own unique touch on their work ...
I LOVE seeing hand written journaling or notes for future generations, becasue I know how much I enjoy having things handwritten by my parents and gr-parents.
 
Some worked in Bibles, and others in their art journals...
Aren't these beautiful?
Some traced [like I did] and some drew their flowers free-hand... 
Tip: the petals are a little like hearts with a very small dip. 
The stems are thick and woodsy...
Some went with the white dogwood, like mine and some decided they wanted theirs to look like the pink dogwoods they love so much.... 
I love every single one of these!
We meet the second Saturday of each month and would love to have you join us if you're local. If you're not - feel free to copy and print out the handout and use it however you want in your own journals! 
If you share your work inspired by this, I'd love the tag #faithbasedpages !

No comments: