Friday, February 10, 2017

Y'all know we've had an exceptionally

mild winter here in the South...
And while I'm secretly hoping for at least 
one big snow
I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen...
So I'm enjoying the spring flowers in and around our yard....
LOVE that the daffodils I 'transplanted' 
[as in dug them up, tossed them by a tree and threw dirt over them]
have bloomed out beautifully.
 
 They even stand up a little taller than their sisters in the bed across the drive... 
Could it be that they get a bit more sun?
This part of our yard is covered in trees...
And I can't say how much I enjoy seeing these lenten roses poke up out of the woods up the hill each year! I really do need to mark my calendar to remember to move some of them closer to the house in the fall.
They are definitely a reminder of spring...
and new life...
Hope the weather is good where you are!

No comments: