Wednesday, November 16, 2016

These last two recipes

from Christy's book are probably my favorites!
Some of you know that I've been on a quest for the perfect chocolate pie 
for quite a while now... 
and, oh my, I think I've found it!!
This chocolate chess pie is perfection!
So much so, that when I took it to a scrap booking retreat recently I had more than a few gals come up to me saying how good it was. 
I was happy to point them to Christy's newest cookbook - 
Sweetness.
 If you haven’t ordered a copy of Christy's new cookbook
you need to get going – 
 
- It's so, so good! 
Another favorite from the book is the Bowl-Licking Buttermilk [Family Reunion] Cake.
Dee-LISH-us!
 And the cooked frosting is divine.
Fudgy brown sugar is the best description. 
[OF COURSE I had to try a piece
 before I took it to my own family reunion earlier this month - lol]
So now I've made at least one recipe from each chapter - 
But there's oh, so much more that I want to try! I'm glad the holidays are coming up so I'll have plenty of opportunities to do just that!
 It was fun to have a chance to congratulate Christy at her local sweet tea reception prior to the book debut here in town. She's a sweetheart! 

No comments: