Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Y'all know I am

 cheap frugal hmmm, trying to spend my money wisely… 
 
So when I saw At Home’s cute skellie pedestal I really thought I could make one so much cheaper than the $$+ dollar price… 
and I did. 
Two actually.
 Their's is adorable... but a little price-y for me...

Here’s what I pulled together – a thrift store lamp and plates, Dollar Tree and Big!Lots, Skellies, + silver paint I already had.
I cut a hole in the bottom of the Dollar Tree skellie with my Fiskars craft knife [carefully!] and slid it over the lamp to create my base. It was still a little wobbly, so my sweetheart suggested securing it with some caulk / compound… 
 After it dried overnight I sprayed the whole thing silver. 
[Note: I went back and added black paint to the hollow eyes -]
 
The other skellie had a very round head, so I had to use the sander to level it out a bit. 
 After patching up the hole I made – ha – 
I painted it as well. 
 Then I used my trusty E-6000 glue to adhere the plates on top.
Cuuuuuute.
 I’m looking forward to using them soon!

No comments: