Wednesday, December 23, 2015

OMgoodness you guys,

I did it!!
Go to the link above to see Beth's message to us - 
I've tried to do it a couple of different times in the past...
So I really do have a sense of accomplishment that I completed the year!
 I hope you will join me next year as I continue on this journey.
Some of you may remember that this was the only year-long commitment I made for 2015.
And of course I used my art to help memorize...
For most of the year we had this little spiral hanging on our bathroom mirror... 
Opened, of course to have my bi-weekly verses  at-the-ready -
and I created a page for each verse as we went through the year...
I used gesso or mod podge [or even tape!] to stick two pages together to give my pages a little more strength to hold my art... 

I kinda love that the planner tabs divide the sections by month

so that there are the two art journaling pages per month...
I also wrote each verse in my calendar
[or planner as the gals these days are calling them -] 
And also illustrated each verse in one of my Bibles...
But  this little spiral [as Beth calls them] was my go to in helping me memorize and carry these scriptures with me...
I also did a couple of other things to help this old mind of mine memorize... 
I put a photo of my scripture art on my computer as a screen saver... 
and next year I plan to use the first few words of the verse as my password -
we memorize those all the time  - don't we?
 
I'll be honest - I probably can't quote ALL 24 verses without a little prompting - 
But I can say that I've meditated on each scripture for two weeks 
and it's been a joy to have His Word in my heart this year.
I'm looking forward to next year - please come along and join me!

No comments: