Monday, October 12, 2015

A few months back Sister got the idea that we needed to have a family reunion.

[And, just for the record, I’ve never ever called her ‘sister’ 
as those in the South are prone to do – who knows why. 
But then, who knows why we always called our dad by his first name… 
We are a DIFFERENT family. 
But I digress. Ha.]
So – she and another cousin her age 
began talking and planning and the next thing I know,  
the day has arrived.
And I can’t say this enough – 
WE REALLY MISSED THOSE WHO WERE NOT WITH US.
Also – I SO APPRECIATE THOSE WHO MADE A BIG EFFORT TO BE THERE!
 This is our immediate family – actually taken earlier in the summer 
when sister got us all together for an afternoon.

[I’m LOVING having her plan these get-togethers!!]
It was just very nice to have the time to talk and visit with our extended family a bit.
And I’m so glad another cousin prompted me to take the family group shots 
[they are on the newly set up cousin’s FB page] 
– because y’all know I can easily get caught up in the visiting 
and never take a photo at all!
It was a bittersweet day for our sweet Aunt Chris 
who lamented at one time about 
how much she missed her brothers and sisters… 
I cannot even imagine how it must be to be the last one left… 
But as she said, we have our memories – and some great ones at that! 
[Again, for the record – 
this woman is THE absolute strongest woman I have ever known.]
It was such fun to see how my cousin’s families have grown! 
Grandchildren! 
And even GREAT grandchildren! 
I should have done better about encouraging our boys and their gals to be there!
Now that we have the FB Cousin Page set up 
 I’m looking forward to sharing memories and photos together!
Good times, y'all...

No comments: