Sunday, February 3, 2013

This year our church is focusing on scripture memory. 
We plan to memorize 52 scriptures this year.
Something I did a lot of as a kid - growing up in GAs 
[Girls Auxiliary - a branch of WMU - Women's Missionary Union in our church.
We had to do mission work and memorize scriptures to move up each step in the program --]
but not so much these last few years ---- 
Back to our church - we go to Willowbrook
Our church is using the book, The Joshua Code by O.S. Hawkins. 
The book is based on the instructions we find in Joshua 1:8 - 
"This book of  the law shall not depart from your mouth, 
but you shall meditate in it day and night, 
that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. 
For then you will make your way prosperous, 
and then you will have good success."
Each week he gives us a scripture to memorize 
and a devotion to go with it.
I'm making a card each week to place on our fridge 
so we can meditate on it throughout the week, 
and I plan to share them each month with you.
Side Note: You have may have noticed 
that my "1,000 Gifts" tab is gone at the top of the blog - 
I hate to admit it, but I just couldn't keep up with daily - 
but I'm committed to scripture memory -
 and posting here each week will keep me accountable - 
so, thanks y'all!

No comments: