Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Names of God - Faith Based Pages Challenge


Sketches were chosen from Scrapbook, etc magazine for our Faith Based Pages Challenges this year. I’ll post one with a devotional here on the tab each month. REMEMBER these do not  have to be followed literally – you can replace hearts, or snowflakes, or baseballs with any embellishment you want to use. Likewise you can interpret the theme each month however it fits your life – if you want to do 12 layouts on the Names of God then go for it! You could use nature photos that you’ve taken or even pictures from magazines [true scrapbooking!!] OR you might want to interpret the theme by showing how you’ve experienced these attributes of God – how He has shown His character to you. I may do a variety of different things.

July –  

 

Names of God – El-Olam – The Everlasting God

http://momsoffaith.com/2009/04/names-of-god-el-olam-the-everlasting-god/

And Abraham planted a grove in Beersheba, and called there on the name of the LORD, the Everlasting God. - Genesis 21:33 (KJV)

El-Olam – The Everlasting God

The Everlasting God

Let’s dig deeper into the meaning of The Everlasting God. The original Hebrew meanings for this are self-existent, eternal, eternity, always, continuance. The Webster’s Dictionary meaning for eternity is; infinite time, duration without beginning or end. I also looked at the thesaurus and several other words to help us grasp this are; endless, without end, unending, constant, persistent.
What an awesome and mighty God we serve. He is self-existent. He does not “need” us. He existed before we began and He will never stop existing. He is eternal. He always was and always will be. He is the beginning and the end. He is in everything and He created all things. He is your God. He is my God.
He is all these things…yet, He DID create little ole’ us and He loves us like no one else ever could.
WOW!
The infinite, eternal, everlasting God made me and loves me. He wants only the best for my life and yours. He has a purpose for each one of us beyond anything we can imagine or come up with on our own.
On the flip side of everlasting; fleeting, perishable, temporal, scattered, random, on-and-off.
This sounds more like humanity. We are but dust and our days our numbered here on earth. We need to begin living in light of eternity and understand that this world has NOTHING for us. We are here to learn how to love. We are here to teach others about God’s great love. We are here to train up our children to love God. We are here to live lives of obedience and purpose for the Kingdom of our Everlasting God.
We are not here to see the next episode of the latest reality show. We are not here to make the next party or soccer game. Sure, these things are a part of our lives here on earth, however, they are not and should not be what our focus is.
If we only think about the things, responsibilities and activities of this worldly existence, then we are missing the point. Our hearts and minds must be set on things above if we will ever fulfill our eternal purpose for the Everlasting God!
Set your mind on GOD!
The Everlasting God!
Let’s Pray;
Daddy God, thank You for Your love. Thank You for creating me and accepting me just the way I am. Help me to become all that You created me to be. Help me to do all that You designed me to do. help me to fulfill my purpose in this world. Help me to love and share Your love. Help me to train my children to love you and follow You by the example that I set before them. I love You, Lord and I look forward to eternity with You! In Jesus Mighty Name, Amen!
Dig Deeper: psalm 91:1-3, Psalm 93:2, Isaiah 26:4
In His Love and Service, Lara ;) Copyright © Lara Velez, Moms of Faith, All Rights Reserved

No comments: