- Well – you know you’ve got way tooooo much on your mind when you go through the drive-through for breakfast, pay for your food, and then drive away without it… About four blocks away I reached down to get my coffee – and it wasn’t there! LOL. [And yes, I went back to get it.]
- Traveled to other for work this week [and that’s a whole story!] – Here I am standing in one building looking out at my office building – those big windows on the 2nd floor are our break room – it looks out to the and really is a pretty view. And no, I'm not one of the precious few who gets to park in THAT parking lot [actually our building has parking underneath - but I don't a spot THERE either -] On a good day I get to park a couple of blocks away - on a bad day I find a spot a few blocks DOWN A HILL further away... so there's no doubt that when I'm down south I need to have my walking shoes on!
- Craig has taught EmmaLou to twirl ‘round on her hind feet when she gets her treat – so funny. I think she might need a tutu now --
- We did the Fourth Thursday sidewalk sale over in this week – and had mostly lookers – only a FEW people even walked closer to show interest. But! I sold my booth fee [$10] haHAha.
- And I LOVE the way our little vendor area looked! These are the same shutters [from the Re-Store] we used when we had booths at scrapbook conventions – we re-vamped them to showcase the art a bit better. LOVE the lights Craig configured for it.
- I have a sinus cold [yuck] – and was hoping it was just the changes in the weather – which have been so refreshing, btw, but alas, I think it’s the normal-got-to run-its-[7 day]-course thing… So I’ve basically spent two days in bed…[could be that all the going-going-going has caught up with me - ]
- I did gather enough energy to put away the summer fun fiskateer party stuff, clean up the craft area, clean out the garden a bit, [Is this the last harvest? –I sure hope not!] and make some pumpkin bread Time to get ready for the busy fall season.
- We also had the opportunity to be a part of the live audience web-cast recording for Dr. John Townsend’s newest book, Beyond Boundaries up at the Opryland Hotel. I listen to him as often as I can on this radio show. They’re just great Christian Counselors who give good Bible-based encouragement and advice. [I’ve been listening to them for over 20 years now! Wow. Thanks Lisa B. for introducing them to me!] I’ll share more about this experience in a few days.
- This is the third time I’ve been to the Opryland Hotel since the great flood of May 2010 – and, oh my goodness, they’ve done such a terrific job getting everything restored, you’d never even know it was all under water before! [And isn't THAT unbelievable?!?] It is just as beautiful as ever!
- I also took some time to be creative this week and used some chipboard butterflies on smaller canvases – love the way they turned out! I also worked a bit more on the large [HUGE – it’s bigger than our dining room table] piece I’m doing for the oldest. – It’s taken me a bit to work it all out in my head before getting to the actual paper and paint … and it’s coming along nicely now.
'round the house (99) Angst (2) art journal (48) Be Present (19) Be Real (15) Blessed (28) Book Shelf (3) Charlie Brown Lessons (10) Choice (4) Cookie of the Month (11) Corrie Ten Boom Quotes (12) creativity (300) Devotionals on Creativity (10) EOYOL (26) Everyday Goodness (315) faith based pages (138) Favorite Photo on Friday (125) He Speaks to Me (73) heirlooms (15) Library of Memories (6) Lottie Scotty (8) magic (13) mixed media (50) Monday Musings (162) My studio (4) Once a Month [old stuff] Giveaway (59) One Little Word (65) recipes (67) right here right now (32) scrapbook (120) stitches (14) stories to tell (6) Ten on Tuesday (51) Ten on Tuesday 2011 (50)