Thursday, January 20, 2011

Winter Sideboard

I've really been enjoying putting a little seasonal decor out on my dresser / mirror / sideboard / entry table - ha. This is a dresser that we found on the side of the road several years ago and actually paid the scavenger who got there right before us to put it on his trunk and bring it ot our house - lol. I love it. A little retro and solid wood. It lived in youngest's bedroom until he got a real bedroom suite [our boys were given one for their 15th birthday - so it wouldn't be all worn out before they move out on their own...] The mirror, if I recall correctly, is from a dresser in my gr-father's house. Okay - so it all sits in my dining area, right inside the door / foyer [which isn't big enough for an entry table.]
It's fun to change out the decor a bit throughout the year. So after putting away all THE STUFF of Christmas [which I do love, btw] I was ready for a clean and simple 'feel.' I've had these rose topiaries and candles for many years [Target on sale, I think.] But they usually sit on the mantle with the wreath around a big hurricane glass / candle on the dining table. This year I'm enjoying them on the dresser - and I'm loving the wreath hanging over the mirror.

1 comment:

LindainNCtoo said...

Lovely....I can see that getting decorated all through out the year.