Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

  1. So this was a short week [with a Monday holiday], but such a long one too –
  2. I was in Montgomery a couple of days this week; work stuff, as always. After loving on my long-haired kitty when I got home I could hardly breathe 30 minutes later – could it be the cat[who DOES NOT live inside] might be the perpetrator of my sinus troubles? [I already take meds for my cat allergy, btw, but this is the first long-haired cat we’ve had in ages…]
  3. I’m praising with a sweet friend about events that have brought reconciliation to her life. So good to have friends who share the good, the bad, and the ugly. Time with my Bible study group will be [extra] good this week.
  4. Here is confirmation that you never really know your children: Oldest drove a couple of hours to pick up what hubby calls our new grand-puppy: who would’ve EVER thought he’d go for a long-haired Chihuahua?!? [NOT US. lol] She should grow to be between 3 and 5 pounds.
  5. They sent the photo to me in Montgomery and all I could think about was JULIA – my childhood nemesis: a long-haired Chihuahua that belonged to a favorite friend and would bite me EVERY. Single. Time. I. Visited. [Julia, – not the friend.] I’d love to be in touch with Johanna if anyone knows how to contact her – this little puppy is actually the same color as Julia – it’s just hard to see in the photo.
  6. Snow Report in the South: We woke up to our ground covered again on Friday morning. Roads were fine though – whew.
  7. Had dinner with great friends Friday evening – veggie pizza is always a favorite for me. Leftover, cold, for breakfast is yummy too.
  8. Crafting some more for my soul restoration class – it’s more art journaling with lots [and lots] of Mod Podge – so there’s lots of drying time between layers. Still, it’s fun and gives me time to think things through as each layer goes down.
  9. Very different from scrapbooking. [Which I’ve set a aside a fun weekend for in a few weeks -] Missing my kits – I cancelled one to have the moolah for the class above and then the other one just kind of folded up – I’ve subscribed to a new one, but I’m on a waiting list – cannot wait to get it!
  10. And lastly, we spent the weekend with Craig’s parents – it’s a tough time and I’m just so sad about it all. Please take the time to say a little prayer for each of us as the Lord brings us to your mind.

2 comments:

Gloria L. said...

Hi Judy! Hang in there...

Marianne B in AZ said...

Judy, I am sorry you and your husband are going through a tough time with this parents. I have said a prayer for you to be able to get through this hard time in your life with peace and understanding.

Your grandpuppy is adorable! Any names yet?