Thursday, October 14, 2010

Halloween Ideas

I've been looking at way too many halloweenie ideas this year! [And it's been FUN!] It's always been one of my all-time favorite holidays and we used to have 'blow-out' affairs back in the day! But as the boys have grown older my Halloween decor was pushed to the back of the attic. until I saw this [really] cute metal jack-o-lantern at Cracker Barrel [I'm sure you've noticed it's a store I frequent often...] a couple of years ago and now, slowly, I'm setting a little more out each year.



I've always LOVED fall and have adapted much of my decoration to last all season [foam pumpkins with stars cut all over instead of the classic jack-o-lantern face, etc.] So now I'm loving coming home to a little jack-o-lantern sitting on the porch [the metal one hangs from a hook by the door.] And I also love the little vignette I pulled together in our dining room - love [LOVE] this layout I did with a photo of me and a childhood friend about our Halloweens - I didn't have a Halloween photo so I copied some witch hat clip art and printed it out for us - so cute! And I made the tree banner from scraps in my card box - so happy that it can stay up through Thanksgiving! I picked up the bucket at Hobby Lobby a few years back and it's been a part of our fall decor since we moved into this house. I also have a couple of more Halloween artsy things up my sleeve that I hope to share with you in the next few weeks but for now - All the decor is out so now I can say - Happy Fall Y'all!!

2 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Fun decorations! I love those trees in the background!

Marianne B in AZ said...

I think you have just inspired me to make my house look like fall! Thank you, Judy!