Saturday, October 16, 2010

fbp Monthly challenge - October

Here's another Faith Based Challenge for you!
Use this sketch that is based on a layout designed by Heather Preckel in
Paper Kuts Magazine April / May 2005
[yes, I still have the issue, was this the last one?]
I love that it uses ribbon [something most of us have plenty of!] and the that the smaller photos have torn edges [who is brave enough to give that a try?]
This month's challenge must include:

Title – My Redeemer Lives

Photo[s] – 1 large + smaller ones [I’m thinking the splendor of fall!]

Papers – your choice, - any colors

Embellishments – ribbon

Technique – Use old book paper on your layout, and tear the edges of the smaller photos as done on this sketch.

Scripture / Inspirational Thought – For I know that My Redeemer lives! And in the last days He will stand upon the earth! – Job 19:25

Projects are due by the last day of the month. Please post your layout in our FBP Flickr Group and / or post a comment here to let me know where to see your completed layout. A winner will be randomly chosen from those who complete the challenge. If we have at least five participate the winner will receive their choice of these prizes:

My Mind's Eye album kit [red / black], fiskars cutting system [w/ blade and 5 cutting templates,] Cropodile Big Bite [gently used,] SEI card kit, MME brown album,
or pixie craft sewing machine [purple.]

Scissors Up! Scrap on –

2 comments:

LindainNCtoo said...

I loved PK. I hated that they had to close their doors. That sounds sounds like about when they had their last issue.

For the challenge: do we have to have use old book paper?

Just a Simple Gal - Judy in Huntsville - AL said...

You can use any paper you want as long as it's based on this challenge. I'll admit I did mine this weekend - and well, there's no torn photos [gasp!] and while I have the verse, I don't have the title - but you can still tell it's based on the challenge - I'd love to see your take on it!