- On the health front – I [finally went to the doctor and] had an MRI on the leg I injured two years ago; no results yet. And I’ve got some shoulder pain going on [think: hurts when stretching back to the backseat to get something] so I’m doing therapy a few days for the next few weeks to see if that will help.
- Spent two days in Montgomery this week – whee. It was two [looooong] days of meetings, but it’s done. And I had time to visit The Farmer’s Market [not the restaurant] while I was there so that was nice --
- A few of us ate at Davis’ [hole-in-the-wall soul-food southern restaurant, you wouldn’t want to go there at night] and for the first time it was a little too greasy for me. But I gave rutabagas a try and they were de-lish!
- We’re still picking peppers from the garden; and the basil is still good.
- Ten-Ten-Ten – the first ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ date that we were NOT together as a family since 01-01-01 [which we celebrated in Disney.] Matt stayed in Auburn, Drew was coming home from the Auburn-Kentucky game and Craig and I had lunch in Guntersville and then meandered around Mentone for the afternoon. [Saw LOTS of artsy projects that gave us ideas for something for that HUGE wall in Drew’s [soon-to-be] new living room.]
- I’ve been published again! Yay! This is a little [8.5x11] layout that I did with a photo Kelly took and I shopped up a bit and I [literally] threw it together with leftovers from some of my kits. I love how it turned out and the simple style shows that it really doesn’t take much to pull together a cute page; it’s in the Hobby Lobby Magazine [4th Quarter.]
- I’m planning for an all-day crop and have some halloweeny art planned to work on, but as I’ve been gathering supplies together I’m having a hard time resisting getting started! I hope it turns out to be a couple of fun pieces that I can use year-after-year.
- The youngsters [lol] in the house across the street [new to the neighborhood] spent a couple of afternoons raking leaves up the hill to the street into nice little piles. I feel bad for them because 1] The great falling of leaves has hardly even begun, and 2] the city has clearly stated that they have no intentions of curbside leaf removal this year as a means to cut the budget. We’re hoping to mulch or burn ours.
- Monday was a holiday for us [oddly, Drew had to work, but he didn’t mind so much since he could subtly wear his orange and blue with a little pin that said, “Steve Spurrier is my Home Boy.” – No, he didn’t wear the pin, but he sure had fun talking about it. Ha.]
- We ate dinner at Five Guys – and have to say we all think that’s about as close to home-cooked burgers as you can get [and the fries are pretty good too,] Photo taken while sitting outside eating peanuts – love living in our little neck of the woods, nestled in the valley.
'round the house (100) Angst (2) art journal (49) Be Present (19) Be Real (15) Blessed (28) Book Shelf (4) Charlie Brown Lessons (10) Choice (4) Cookie of the Month (11) Corrie Ten Boom Quotes (12) creativity (302) Devotionals on Creativity (10) EOYOL (26) Everyday Goodness (318) faith based pages (140) Favorite Photo on Friday (126) He Speaks to Me (73) heirlooms (15) Library of Memories (6) Lottie Scotty (22) magic (13) mixed media (50) Monday Musings (164) My studio (4) Once a Month [old stuff] Giveaway (59) One Little Word (65) recipes (70) right here right now (34) scrapbook (122) stitches (14) stories to tell (6) Ten on Tuesday (52) Ten on Tuesday 2011 (50)