Saturday, September 4, 2010


[photo from facebook - one of son's friends]

The Spirit Flows Through Us.

But God has revealed it to us by his spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

I Corinthians 2:10 NIV

Thought:

I think every person experiences or sees the world in a slightly different manner from the next. Visual artists might be prone to notice color, texture, value, shape, and line. A musician might be more sensitive to the sound of people walking down a hallway, the rhythmic patter of rain on the rooftop, and a blast from a train whistle. A biologist might be drawn to the sound of an animal in distress or the movement of birds in the trees. We all have interests that influence our view or perspective of the world. We all have knowledge of one sort or another.

God provides us with another type of knowledge or wisdom through the wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit can open up a new world to us whether we are an artist, musician or biologist.

The Holy Spirit lives in us and flows through us. The Holy Spirit helps us understand the deeper things of the world and allows us to be more spiritually connected to God. As artists we can use the gift of the Holy Spirit to help us become better artists and better people. Remember that you have this gift.

Prayer:

Lord,

Thank you for always being there for us. Thank you for blessing us with the gift of the Holy Spirit. Guide us as we use our gift to do your will. Bless us in our creativity on a daily basis. Give us the ability to inspire and help others. Grant us peace and joy. In Christ’s name. Amen.

From My Creativity Blog.


1 comment:

Jessica said...

You have quite a way with words. What a beautiful mini-lesson. Thanks for sharing it with me. I have gotten lazy with my bible study etc. I'm so glad I stumbled onto your blog. I love this picture of the water. And the scripture reference was perfect. I felt almost clensed after reading it and praying your prayer. Thanks so much. I love your scrapbook pages!