Sunday, March 7, 2010

No One Likes to be Disapointed...


From the Creativity Blog:
Thought: “No one likes to be disappointed. It hurts. Disappointment chips away at our self-esteem. Disappointment sometimes makes us fearful. I always hated it as a child when someone told me they were disappointed in me. I still hate it. Being disappointed in yourself is probably the worst. Failing at something can drag you into self-disappointment.
Let’s say you tried something and failed. You tried a new art technique on an oil painting and completely botched it. Okay, you are disappointed. But, look at it another way. What did you learn from the experience? Trying something new gives you added insight even when you make mistakes. I personally have learned more from making mistakes than any other way.
What if you don’t want to make mistakes or face disappointment? Then do nothing. Don’t try anything new. Live a life of boring sameness. Don’t think outside the box. Don’t experiment.
I doubt anyone reading this article wants a life like that. The alternative is to try, to learn from your mistakes and move on. So, today get out there and try something fresh and new. You might be disappointed, but you might not. You might succeed in ways you never imagined. Either way you will be better off for trying!
Prayer:
Lord, Please continue to bless me with new ideas, inspiration, and creativity. Bless my efforts. I know that at times I may fail. When that happens help me to learn from my mistakes. Give me the strength to move on through my disappointment. Give me the ability to recover, to regroup, and to do better the next time. I ask all in Christ’s name. Amen”
From Beth Moore,
[Stepping Up, A Journey Through the Psalms if Ascent, page79]:
“You and I will never move to the next level with God if we’re scared half to death of what awaits us. On this mysterious pilgrimage we will find that when we do meet difficulties and sorrows they were not meant to stop us, but to form the character required for our great harvest in the coming season. Step into your future, Precious One. Something wonderful awaits you.”

No comments: