Friday, October 30, 2009

Encyclopedia of Your Ordinary Life - D

A few years ago I had the opportunity to complete this extraordinary scrapbook album designed by CathyZ and based on the book, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Rosenthal. While I still haven't read the book, I love the concept of this album - a random sampling of those ordinary facts about your life [my life.] The homework involves keeping a list, A to Z, of random memories for several weeks and then gathering photos [or not] to support these memories. Love it. The album is really very simple [a la Cathy Z] and easy to put together with only two square photos per page and two to four 'definitions.' Have I said I love this album? And I want to share some of my life with you so I've committed to do just that in 2009 [keep in mind this was completed during the summer of 2007.] I'm going backwards and today I present:D
DREW
Our first-born precious son who is quiet and focused so much of the time. Love the painting he did [shown this page] when he was in third grade. There was a vase with the flower and lots of other things sitting all around it. They were told to paint what they saw and it’s easy to see that Drew zeroed in on the flower. It’s a good trait to have. [See the contrasting drawing on the EOYOL - M post] Drew is such a great young man who loves the Lord and seeks His will as he makes his way through life.

DISNEY
The happiest place on earth! Where we can escape from the ‘real world’ – on most visits anyway- and enjoy a little magic, if only for a moment. We’ve made trips to Disney since 1996, usually every two years or so. We stay in the campground with two – three other families that travel with us, and always have a blast! Our favorite things change from year to year, but we always love Epcot and Tomorrow Land in the Magic Kingdom. Craig and I enjoyed a special fireworks show a couple of years ago [during a quick trip to Disney alone] when we took the ferry from the Polynesian Resort to the Magic Kingdom and it stopped in the lagoon so we could watch. Really spectacular!

DISHWASHER
This is one of my favorite appliances that makes our crazy busy life soooo much easier. I often ask myself, “Why do I dislike unloading it so much?!” So I try to stop and say a little ‘Thanks” that I even have one!

No comments: