Friday, September 18, 2009

Encyclopedia of Your Ordinary Life - G

A few years ago I had the opportunity to complete this extraordinary scrapbook album designed by CathyZ and based on the book, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Rosenthal. While I still haven't read the book, I love the concept of this album - a random sampling of those ordinary facts about your life [my life.] The homework involves keeping a list, A to Z, of random memories for several weeks and then gathering photos [or not] to support these memories. Love it. The album is really very simple [a la Cathy Z] and easy to put together with only two square photos per page and two to four 'definitions.' Have I said I love this album? And I want to share some of my life with you so I've committed to do just that in 2009 [keep in mind this was completed during the summer of 2007.] I'm going backwards and today I present: G

GIRL’S NIGHT OUT

A fun, relaxing evening of ‘girls only’ time. We’ve had as few as three, and as many as ten attend. Sometimes it’s dinner and a movie, other times, pedicures and coffee. This is always a wonderful time to catch up with friends I haven’t seen for a while and re-charge together. We always talk about doing it monthly, but with everyone’s schedules we usually only have time to get together quarterly.

GOD

My Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer and Friend through life. I can’t remember a time when God wasn’t real in my life. I do remember when He became my Personal Savior and Lord. During the week of Vacation Bible School when I was 7 - our teachers shared with us about God’s salvation through Jesus, His Son. That evening when I was sitting on my bunk bed and talking with Mama about it we prayed together and I ask Jesus to ‘come into my heart’ and be my Savior. Later when I was15 and at church youth camp I remember clearly submitting my life to His Lordship. I can’t imagine how anyone goes through life without the assurance that God gives me – not for a perfect life with no problems, but that He will ALWAYS be with me and give me His peace – peace that only HE can give. (John 14:27)

GARDEN

Vegetables, flowers, a healthy lawn and shrubs. Craig and I have always enjoyed nurturing something from a tiny seed and watching grow. We especially enjoy growing fresh veggies – tomatoes, basil, zucchini, and yellow squash, along with green peppers and banana peppers – yum –IE!


No comments: