Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Scrap Space

We purchased these wonderful shelves from Craig’s previous boss when they were down-sizing and I have one section for my goodies. It stores mini-albums, as well as recent 12 x 12 albums, craft books, embellishment containers [re-decorated from Christmas goodies,] LOM photo storage system, storage for class materials, and memorabilia box. Can you tell green is a favorite color of mine? And I have to admit, there’s more…partly because of the kit business we’ve had these past few years. This is one of the closets in the play room where I store paper packs and extra scrap supplies. The chest-of-drawers was left in the house when we moved in. There’s a tool box with pull-out drawers from Home Depot on the first shelf, and then other extra goodies I’ve purchased for classes or kits through the years. Oh, and top shelf right corner? Those are my scrapbooks [pre-archival] that I created in middle school, high school, & college - that's the 70's and 80's... I also have another little desk [again, from a thrift store] in the play room where I can craft while watching television. A book shelf nearby [custom built by Craig many years ago to hold 12 x12 albums when I first started scrapping] houses albums, my sewing machine, and a few other crafty things. This desk cleans up easily so the boys can use it for a computer desk when they’re home. Again, a place to hang some favorite layouts is above the bookshelf. So that’s it – my craft area. Organized the way I work best. I’m a firm believer in re-purposing and finding new uses for old things. I hope this little tour of my space will give you ideas on how you might organize your area in a way that’s best for you.

No comments: