Friday, February 27, 2009

Encyclopedia of Your Ordinary Life - V

A few years ago I had the opportunity to complete this extraordinary scrapbook album designed by CathyZ and based on the book, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Rosenthal. While I still haven't read the book, I love the concept of this album - a random sampling of those ordinary facts about your life [my life.] The homework involves keeping a list, A to Z, of random memories for several weeks and then gathering photos [or not] to support these memories. Love it. The album is really very simple [a la Cathy Z] and easy to put together with only two square photos per page and two to four 'definitions.' Have I said I love this album? And I want to share some of my life with you so I've committed to do just that in 2009 [keep in mind this was completed during the summer of 2007.] I'm going backwards and today I present: V
VISITING
Lazy days with family and friends. I have great memories of family and friends just dropping by and visiting together, or us visiting with them. It was especially nice to have summer afternoons sitting outside and catching up on all the family news.

VACATION
While growing up we took a vacation to the beach every year. Joe hated the beach, but enjoyed seeing us enjoy it. Craig and I love to travel – and looking back – we’ve taken many, many mini-vacations yearly – along with some longer weeks away as a family too. “A vacation is what you take when you can’t take anymore of what you’ve been taking.” - Not always true, but it is always nice to get away and slow down a bit from our hectic lives…

VALUE
I think I sometimes struggle with self-confidence, but have never doubted my value or worth. Mama and Joe have always given me a sense that I could accomplish anything I set out to do. I hope we’ve given our children that same sense of value. Love the song by Nicole C. Mullen – “Baby Girl, do you know who you are?, God has made you a shining star, Baby Girl, you’re a diamond hiding on the shelf – a little bit of light stronger than the darkness… Baby Girl…”

No comments: