Friday, January 16, 2009

Encyclopedia of Your Ordinary Life - Y



A few years ago I had the opportunity to complete this extraordinary scrapbook album designed by CathyZ and based on the book, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Rosenthal. I'm going backwards and today I present: Y

YOOHOO
Thin chocolate drink that came in a small bottle when I was younger. We didn’t drink many sodas [or ‘cokes’ as we called them] when I was growing up so it was a special treat to go on a Sunday afternoon drive and stop at a little country store for one. This was always my first choice [perhaps to go along with a ‘zero’ candy bar…] Now it seems this has become the call word for scrap bookers everywhere. Whenever someone yells it out we can all feel the excitement about our hobby! [--- Or is that ‘Woo Hoo ?!?]

YOUTH GROUP
My youth group at Woodward Avenue Baptist Church had a profound influence on my life. It’s with this group that I learned how to grow in my relationship with the Lord as well as accept others for who they are, flaws and all. We shared so many things together and learned love, acceptance, and even tolerance as we grew together during our teen years

No comments: