Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Projects...

This week I've started working on a couple of projects:
1 - the advent boxes that Ali E first shared, and has recently shared a photo of one her friend did --- I've got my boxes in a layout and ready to paint. I'm putting mine in an old photo frame, bc I just can't stand the thoughts of 24 holes [tiny as they may be] in my wall... I'll share more photos as soon as it's done. And 2 - the gratitude journal that Cathy Z shared this week - originated with Emily F. I think. Love it. The idea is to pull together random left over papers, envelopes, cards, etc. to form a journal. I'm using an 8 x8 acrylic journal I've bought recently. SO while this is not a great photo, I hope you can see that there's three layers in sight from the start [acrylic cover, 1st half page, and 2nd whole page.] You'll need 26 pages front and back [for fifty two weeks] - and my plan is to use a consistent title font, a circle photo or two, write random things I'm grateful for each week. Speaking of that - I'm grateful my camera has perked up - it went into a funk last week and we thought it might need to be repaired - refused to turn off and kept running the battery down - but after tweaking it a little [leaving the card open so that it had to turn off] it's alive and well again. WHeew! But I didn't take nary a photo during Thanksgiving... just a little hard to pull it out and take photos without my dad there... scrapping some Christmas photos from last year - and a little harder than I expected... but I'm okay, day-by-day....

3 comments:

Adriann said...

Love the new projects! I'm might have to do the journal myself.

Cindy Lee said...

So glad you figured out how to fix your camera! love your new projects, especially the gratitude journal! Blessings, Cindy Lee

Lisa J. said...

Oh I bet that was hard Judy! So sorry! I am happy that your camera is functioning properly though.