Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Do you Remember...

the creeping crud of 2006? That horrible stomach bug that crept through your system for WEEKS? Well, for the last several weeks I've been trying to remember what caused me to have so little Christmas decor out last year... we were heading to Disney right after Christmas, sure, but we've done that several times and always still had the Christmas feeling at home. This was IT for last year. NOTICE: NO TREE!
Well, I finally did pull one out of the attic in the play room and plugged it in -
with NO ORNAMENTS.
Then over the Thanksgiving weekend - I remembered , like a bad dream, really - the creeping crud. The bug that everyone laughed at you [behind your back mind you] because you just couldn't shake it --- until they got it too. I didn't feel completely 'normal' again until January or so - and now I'm wondering if THAT was a precursor to the other medical things I started dealing with in full-force in the spring...could be....
So this year I'm feeling GOOD. I've even scrubbed my kitchen floor inch-by-inch on my hands and knees [sore, but thankful for the energy to do it.] And I'm ready for Christmas! I'm soooo looking forward to getting everything out and up and pretty for the season. I even have a brand new tree I bought in 2005, but haven't used yet. I hope to have it done and ready to sit and enjoy with hot chocolate and carols by the weekend.

No comments: