Thursday, August 1, 2024

2024-07-31

 July
It's my birthday month, y'all.
And It's a BIG one!
 
After I felt comfortable with all the insurance changes I was able to relax a bit - lol Honestly - it's the FIRST time I've had to be concerned about insurance in over 40 years ---
[Blessed with wonderful insurance as a state employee -]
I. Am. Old.
And I'll say it again - 
I am so very thankful for this life I get to live. 
... for this body that I can feel aging, but that is hanging in here with me and letting me do all the things I want to do - I feel blessed to have my sweetheart and very best friend to adventure with!! It's a good life.
So - July - 
I had a couple of things planned for my birthday month - but also added in some things as opportunities came along... We added in a little waterfall tour with sweet friends who'd agreed to join in on my Scottish Highland Cow Adventure... and it was really fun to travel in #LordAlfredtheAirstream as we did quick overnight stays along the way. [You can read more about our adventures with him here -]
I made an appointment to pet some cows more than a few months ago.
And yes I know it's crazy - 
And YES - I've petted and hand fed cows before [I have some cousins who grew up 'in the country'] only to realize I was eating O'e Henry in a delicious hamburger one evening...
 
But I think these are adorable [and the ones we visited with are NOT EATEN] so it was all good. These are like big [GIANT] pets that loved to be brushed.
 
They also enjoyed the occasional sprinkler of water to cool them off - like big kids - lol. It was a treat!
 
In between my birthday shenanigans Craig and I enjoyed riding our bikes on local trails... visiting with his mother in The Shoals, checking in with our kiddos on their GREAT adventures, enjoying gathering with friends here in town - and yes - 
Hanging here at home with lazy days...
watching the Olympics...
 
I finished the month off with a fun overnight in Nashville with one of my cousins who is the same age as I am. We went up to see Donny Osmond perform and he did a great show - as always. 
It was our first time to see a show in the Ryman Auditorium 
- and it really is a beautiful place!
We don't get together often enough and when we do we're talking and sharing non-stop until the wee hours of the morning - just like we did as kids.
I'm still recuperating - becasue, y'all know I'm a cinderella and have to be in bed early. HA.
Gotta run, because Craig and are off to check off another Summer Bucket List item before some places close for the summer...
[Who knew summer ended August 1?]
It'll still be WARM through October here in the south...
Let's move on to August!
[...and hopefully a couple of states we've not yet visited!]

No comments: