Monday, November 25, 2019

So. 2019 marks my

60th year on this planet.
Goodness. 
Overall, it has been.
Sixty years.
Full of goodness... lots of trials and not so great things along the way...
But that's life, right?
 I choose to focus on the good. 
 Early in the year Donny and Marie announced they were 
ending their show in Vegas at the end of 2019...
So I thought it would be great fun if two of my cousins joined me to celebrate our birthdays together. (We all turned 60 within about six weeks of each other.) 
And we were all pretty big fans of the Osmonds back in the day -
 
Alas, this one was unable to go bc of some family obligations 
-- which I COMPLETELY understand -- 
but we missed her!!
 (And I was so glad we were able to have lunch to catch up
 and celebrate together!)
 
Some of you may recall the once in a lifetime flight that we had while trying to get to Vegas... what was supposed to be few hours flight (non-stop) when we booked our flights turned into about 18 hours with an overnight in Orlando due to cancelled flights. Whee. 
But. 
Vegas was fun.
The best, for me, however, was just having time together to catch up and talk about everything from old memories... to songs that would be good for funerals.
And all things in between. HA.
(Remember. I embrace my crazy.)
 
We visited the flamingos
We hung by the pool on a gorgeous day with a breeze and temps in the 80s.
We visited with an old friend (so good to catch up!) that neither of us had seen in YEARS, but we visited for hours like we'd just left high school.
We gambled a bit - I put $5 in and almost double my money...
And forgot to cash out...
I'm such a gambler.ha 
We saw Wicked... 

and had a quick backstage tour thanks to Glen and Jason.
It's one of my favorite plays!
 
We had tickets for Donny and Marie, but Marie had laryngitis,
 so it was just Donny -- and it was a great show!
Our seats were great for both shows.
[Love technology - we bought them while talking on the phone in two different cities comparing seating charts, etc. HOW ON EARTH did we buy concert tickets back in the day?!]
And we visited the spa  - fun.. 

but my attendant TALKED the entire time of my massage ... 
about her problems... 
Do I have social worker tattooed on my forehead?!
 Still -

The best thing about the trip was just having unhurried time together.

[We had to stop in at Fremont Street - but omgoodness, 
think Bourbon Street on steroids. - We didn't stay long - ]
Wish my other cousin could have joined us [but completely understand!] 
 Happy 60s to me - ha.
And I know I'm blessed to have a sweet husband 
who supports me and my crazy ideas!

No comments: