Monday, July 6, 2020

There are some things that are good

about this social isolation...
Humans are an adaptable lot -
And I've loved seeing so many different drive-in movies pop up around our area! 
Some free... some charge for a spot... 
some charge and guarantee you a selected spot... 
 
We've had the chance to go to one so far...
and we have tickets to another in a few weeks... 
This one was held in a parking lot near our house...it was free, so anyone in the community could participate and quite a few people showed up - 
Still, it wasn't as CRAZY as I expected... 
 
The first movie of the night was Frozen II and it was pretty cool to see... 
even if we were way in the back because we decided to go at the last minute...
There was a little break between movies and the 2nd feature was 
Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark -
And should I admit it?
I've never [ever] seen this movie.
And since I don't like violence and gore, it did leave me thinking
why on earth I ever let my boys watch it as kids...ha.
 And I'll admit that I did enjoy it...
finally "got" some of the references for the show at Disney - ha. 
We moved up a bit closer to the screen for this one... and it was great to see the movie clearly while listening to it on the radio in our car 
[with air conditioning on a few times during the evening!]
And yes, we took our own popcorn and drinks - 
There were food trucks there, but I'm not ready to stand in line with a few hundred people 
[or even 10-20 people] just yet...
Fun thing:
One of the [virtual] scrapbook retreats I participated in recently had this wonderful movie night layout for us do - so of course, I tweaked it to fit with our evening.
Omgoodness... this is probably the first time we've been to a drive-in since we were dating... And that was a long time ago, folks...
And I also remember one of the first movies I ever saw at a drive in -
Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte...
You know, -- the one where a head rolls down the stairs...
I just keep telling myself that my parents surely thought I'd be asleep 
[on the little pallet in the back of the station wagon] 
by the time the movie came on...

No comments: