Monday, October 7, 2019

Okay! Today I want to share

a little about our time in Portland, OR, Vancouver, WA, and the Columbia Gorge -
So beautiful!
We were in Portland for Craig's work conference and stayed right in town - good or bad -  There was plenty to walk and see within a few blocks...
 
One thing we noticed was more than a couple of free outdoor concert venues with food trucks and this fun sign that showed us just how very far from home we really were... lol...

While Craig was in his workshops I worked on some Bible Journaling 'classes' for a friend of mine who was going to Romania - SO GLAD they translated the verse for me ahead of time!
And - OMGOODNESS --
I was able to spend some time with this sweet friend from my college days at BYU!!! 
We've kept in touch for the last 35 something years [ha] and it was just SO WONDERFUL to have time to visit and catch up a bit! I just love friends that you can pick right up with even when you've seen each other YEARS! 
 -photo-
We only wish Cindy and Laurie could've been with us - 
Seriously, you guys, we NEED to make this happen!
While in Portland we HAD to make a stop at Pip's -
such a cool little shop with TASTY donuts and coffee!
And of course, we had to taste ALL the flavors of the day - ha.
Made fresh and topped while you wait - so good!
After leaving the big city we drove out towards the Columbia River Gorge 
- much thanks to Pam for the tip to get off the main road --
It's every bit as beautiful as we had read about...
And we saw several other pretty waterfalls along the way!
We also stopped at this GORGEOUS lavender farm - 
[with bees humming all over the place!]
They were growing three different types of lavender [including a white variety - 
It was a lovely surprise!

- I bought some lavender soap that sits by my night cap [bi-pap machine] and gives a sweet scent to lull me to sleep each night -
 We also stopped at several hatcheries and fish ladders during this trip -
As we were walking out of the building at one a giant eagle swooped down the path in front of us - surprising everyone - but what a treat! 
[Not my photo - I'm not that fast - ha
But it DID look like this!]
The water surrounding was crystal clear!
... the fish ladder at one dam had an underwater viewing area - cool!
 
And let me just say - they love BigFoot out that way - ha - 
He was EVERYWHERE.
Other random things we saw along the way - 
... a couple of cute metropolitan cars - so adorable and what I really had my eye on before we bought our first vintage camper back in the day - I realize now that I'd never be comfortable actually driving one on the road - But.  Adorable.
And some art in a park - 'Crow with Fries'
I think we can all tell just what kind of fries he prefers - ha.
It was HUGE and fun - lol
We also crossed the Pacific Crest Trail again and had dinner near the Bridge of the Gods 
 [think WILD <-- -="" and="" book="" ended="" is="" movie="" she="" span="" the="" this="" where="">
Such beautiful country - 
We are in awe of God's creation and that we get to see and enjoy it!
Of course we stopped at thrift store or two along the way ...
And I make no excuses that 
I AM A TERRIBLE PASSENGER 
when traveling by car - 
So I jokingly said Craig may or may not have felt this way about me 
a time or two during our travels.
He didn't laugh.
***
I didn't buy the sign - ha.

No comments: