Monday, June 24, 2019

I wanted to share

a fun summer book with you!


Karen Barnett gave us a great book that gave me a little history about the CCC in one of our greatest National Parks while taking me along on Elsie's summer at the park in the 1930s. 
There's love interests, suspicious fires - that kept me guessing til the very end - and time for good life choices as they listen to God's guidance. 
Speaking of fires, here's a quote I love,
"The fire doesn't kill seeds? -
"It sets them free," the ranger said. "Most of us ask God for an easy life.
We even ask for it for our children.
 But sometimes it takes a little heat to break loose the seeds He's planted deep inside us.
Seeds we probably didn't even know were there."
Love it.
Now I've got to find the other two books in the series and catch up! 
And, yep, I read it in one evening. It's that good -

No comments: