Saturday, December 1, 2018

Some of you know that way


back in 1987 we created a family cookbook....
Recipes tried and true and from each of our nine aunts, 'the sisters'
and more than a few from 'the cousins' too.

And there so, so many favorites in this book -- 
One that I'd forgotten about until recently is this Spinach Ball recipe from my Aunt Gail, although I mostly remember my sister [and mama] loving it for more than a few holiday seasons...
I was asked to bring a finger food to a little [?] event at church recently - 
and there would be NO FORKS... so I thought of these...
So I got everything together, popped it in the food processor, and gave it a whirl...
Then rolled it in walnut sized balls before placing on a foil covered baking sheet 
that I sprayed a bit with oil... 
Waa-laa.
These really are SO, sooooo good.
And, as a friend recently pointed out, you could probably replace the bread crumbs with some keto alternative and have them be zero carbs.
And okay, here's the thing... our cookbook is old and products have changed and one bag of bread crumbs in 2018 is not the same size as a back in 1988...
So I found this more updated recipe...
THIS IS THE ONE I USED...
I wanted to be sure I had the proportions right...
And yes. Yes I did.
They are every bit as good as I remembered.
[But honestly, I can't help but think they might be more delicious with a little bacon chopped up and thrown in... or even walnuts for a more pesto like taste... 
Let me know if you're adventurous enough to try that!]
Enjoy!

No comments: