Saturday, August 4, 2018

Lottie Scotty Update #006-2018

THIS.
THIS is the event I've been looking forward to for over a year now!
I mean, there's not much better than vintage campers + Christmas!
Am I right?!
 
Jingle In July
- a gathering of almost 30 campers [more?!] all decorated for Christmas and open to the public as a fundraiser to help kids with cancer in the hospital during the holidays enjoy Christmas too!
These guys do SUCH A GREAT JOB organizing and gathering everyone together!
And look! 
Santa and Mrs. Claus joined us too!***
 
It was a really fun weekend - and while it was 
HOT-HOT-HOT
setting Lottie up and getting her all spruced up for Christmas, the temps cooled down enough to really enjoy being out and about -- **
It was 62* when we got up on Sunday morning!
Warning - this is a VERY photo heavy post -
But I couldn't help myself, I just thought she was so stinkin' cute!
That. AND, I want to remember how we decorated so I can set it all up again - 
I've got some friends who have asked for a photo-op for themselves and gr-kids  before Christmas - so we're hoping to have her set up for that sometime in November...

Love this peek into our little Christmas Open House!
Come on in!
Here's some details - 
Snowball garland + yarn garland across the front, with a vintage look snowman welcome sign... wonky tinsel trees, scotty cookie jar, metal basket and jingle all the way sign on the table outside the door... oh, and of course, the vintage look lights around the awning!
Inside shelf under the upper window: Scotty print [THAT I LOVE!] Adventure begins print, succulent in glass dome, baskets for storage -- and I added a little "Merry Everything, Happy Always"  art piece too! 
 The camper banner was made by Leslee - SO CUTE!
We had Lottie all cleaned up for open house, but kept our tomatoes and bananas out on a reindeer plate, as well as a jingle all the way coffee cup...
We had another tinsel tree on the dining table - with flamingo lights and Pluto in his Christmas sweater. I brought a couple of our Corelle Christmas plates and set them on the PW placements we use all the time... and added in a couple of new scotty mugs I picked up at Michael's [on-sale, of course] a few weeks ago.
 
 I tied a red plaid ribbon around our silverware and napkins.
Love this shot*** that shows our windows up high!
Oh. and how our tables slides too!
 
I'm still loving this old oil can - turned light that we set on the table - 
I added a spring of pine cones and holly to make it festive. 
Love the 'tablecloth' - a shower curtain I picked up at a thrift store!
We loved seeing all the decorations at night!
Look at the lights shining through our windows up front!
Our bed was made up nicely into the couch - 
I covered one pillow in some scotty fabric and another in a new pillow cover we got a while back - thanks to a friend sharing a great deal with us!
Craig set up the extended table top that is extra handy when preparing meals inside -
I added in the plaid throw... 
and had our vintage camping devotional book out - oh, and my kindle 
[just keepin' it real - ha]  
Note two things: how we designate our storage bins [lol] and the blue border across the top bunk [that we use as a shelf] is the back splash from Drew's kitchen when he bought his house... Oh and our TV that is the perfect size! - Okay that's three...
[And yes, I still love our color scheme!]
I love my furry little [not!] Frosty that I got at Big Lots last year!!
And we have a gaggle of flamingos all dressed up in Santa hats that I picked up at 80% off after Christmas last year. I refused to pay full price.  
[I added some curtains from a thrift store for 'snow' -- and to cover up the wood that is weighting him down - lol.]
I added a boxwood wreath with plaid bow to each of our lamps with flame bulbs that look a bit like tiki torches or candles during Christmas. - I picked these up [on sale] at Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks before the event - not Christmas, so I can use all year long!
 
 We also took along one of our lighted trees and set it up with another flamingo and our sign that we've taken camping for [more than a] few years now.
 
We visited with friends we'd met at previous vintage camps 
and met new friends as well!
We enjoyed the potluck gathering 
- We've settled on meatballs [with chili sauce and grape jelly] as our go-to pot luck offering... 
I forgot the crockpot this time and found that they worked better in the electric skillet!
 We also enjoyed the Dirty Santa gift exchange -
So many gifts!
And the random number drawing was fun!
 Such a fun group to get to know!
Here's a bit of the news article about the event -  
Held at the KOA in Pigeon Forge -
We had a great site with a creek view, but man - were we all packed in there tight and close together! [Kinda glad it will be at a different campground next year!]
Our table with red chairs had a vintage look snowman table cloth [again, a shower curtain, I think] that I picked up at Walmart last year...
[Pay no attention to the shoes and coffee cups -- 
we were headed out to Clingman's Dome** early that morning...]
We had a wreath on our door that had ribbon and smaller vintage look [battery] lights on it... and the camp kitchen [which I didn't use all weekend - it was HOT y'all!] had a vintage look reindeer dish towel...
 This really was such a fun weekend - 
with a great balance of group stuff and time to go explore on our own.
 ** I"ll share more about our time in the mountains in another post -
***Thank you to everyone who shared photos on facebook!
I may have a grabbed one or two, or more --- 
If you've got a vintage camper 
[or not, bc there were others there decorated as well!] 
come join us next year -  
Audrey's Jungle in July!

No comments: