Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thanksgiving!!

was such a good weekend.
I was tired afterwards,  
but my heart was happy!
These photos are in random order...
On Thanksgiving Day we gathered at brother's house 
and it was so nice to have Aunt Chris and her girls with us!
 [John,  you were surely missed!!]
Joey got Grandpa's hat out for us to see 
and she had a little fun trying it on... 
Let me just pause here and say 
that this is the strongest woman I have ever known. 
Those who know and love her know it's true -
 Joey's friend, Dana, joined us ...
And cooked the best fried turkey I've had!
 We were a crowd!
[Including the animals - ha]
 And it was nice to just visit together!
 The girl cousins...
 Craig, all set for the family photo...
Alas, we were in the other room...
[I'll admit the light was better in this one.]
 We loved visiting with this little man...
And his sister too!
 That evening we went up / over to see Craig's mother!
We enjoyed turkey and dressing with her... 
and the boys joined us for Craig's birthday lunch downtown the next day...
[I love how pretty the trees turned out after such a slow start to changing colors.]
[And I love being in the old refurbished buildings in the town my daddy grew up in - ]
 THEN,  the next day we did fondue at our house. 
Something we started a few years ago... and enjoy it still...
[WHAT is that purple looking thing?!?
- Did I buy fancy potatoes this year?!?]]
 I love this family of mine!
Always willing to go along with my crazy 
spur of the moment photo needs - 
ha.
Yes. 
A busy weekend.
But, oh, so good.

No comments: