Thursday, November 30, 2017

Let's talk leftovers...

We had great fun at our family gatherings...
And of course had some
pumpkin pie left over...
Sooooo I decided to re-purpose it as pumpkin creme' brulee'...
HOW is that spelled?
 I divided it into ramekins
And covered in brown sugar...
 Then my sweetheart started
bru-lee-ing
LOL
I don't think it's supposed to be set on fire.
Ha.
Don't be like us.
In retrospect,  this would have been better if 
1 - I had added a little whipped cream to the pumpkin pie and 
2 - I'd used white sugar.  
Still, it was okay...
Next up [and so much better!] 
I created a little stir-fry with the leftovers from our family fondue meal...
 I had chicken, broccoli,  mushrooms,  and shrimp... 
So I tossed the first three in a pan with a little olive oil and minced garlic 
and gave it a good cook...
I stirred in some of the garden cream cheese 
and then added the shrimp in last and let them pink up 
before serving with some pasta.
So, so good.
[I may go buy these again just to make this!]
Tell me your new ideas for serving leftovers! 

No comments: