Wednesday, September 20, 2017

I think I've mentioned that

I enrolled in a ten week Art Journal Summer School with Marieke Blokland -
 OMGoodness, y'all. 
This was SO MUCH FUN!
 
I re-purposed this little Bible Study book that I had completed in early summer 
with Beth @UnskinnyBoppy
And I so enjoyed working in a smaller format - 
 I want to share so much of my little book with you!!
Buckle up, Buttercup! 
This is one photo-filled blog post!!
Each week Marieke and others shared different techniques to use - 
She started with having us set some goals and intentions -
We were encouraged to interpret any way we wanted - 
I added in some bucket list type pages - 
 
 
I loved the idea of including maps of places 
we traveled to during summer break -
 
 
And I also included a spread each week of the "mindful moments"
 I started keeping up with after ReSet Camp - 
[Here's just a few - ] 

  This is inspired by the prompt - repeating patterns - lol
This Scotty business IS always on my mind these days - ha
I completed each of the 'lessons' [two each week]  
- But also had pages where I could just do my own thing -
 [Again - I divided the pages before hand so each week 
would have the same number to work with - ]
 Here's some of my everyday goodness spreads --

I was intentional about [art] journaling life events -
like little Joseph's birth - my - birthday - our anniversary...

 
And I used some of the techniques to record things
 that were happening in my life at the time -
Sometimes I prepared a page before the event,, 
so all I had to do was add journaling - 
 Other times, I just grabbed my little travel paints and jumped right in and recorded things that were happening that day or week - 
 
  This drawing is based on a a beautiful angel statue we saw while walking in San Juan - 
 Here, I used bits of the wrist band for our beach in San Juan...
 And some pages were just for fun!
These are many more that filled my book and I love most all of them -
[If I'm honest, there a few that I don't love, but I learned from them!]
It's such a treasure to have an art journal that truly represents a specific time in my life - 
If you ever have the opportunity to sign up for an on-line class with Marieke, 
GO FOR IT.
I know I'll be taking another one for sure!!

No comments: